Rules Regarding Attendance
- Attendance will be marked at the beginning of each period.
- No student will be allowed to absent from the college without leave. Leave must be obtained in advance stating the reason. In cases where absence is due to unforeseen circumstances, an application for leave, countersigned by the parent or guardian should be submitted on the first day of the return to the College.
- Students who come late may enter the classes only after obtaining the permission of the teacher of that class.
- No student shall leave the class room before the class is dismissed.
- If a student is absent for one or more periods either in the morning or evening he/she shall lose half a day’s attendance.
- Attendance for practical classes is compulsory. Those who do not have the minimum required attendance are not eligible for the University Examination.
- The following rules will apply with regard to attendance for those candidates appearing for the University Examinations. This applies to practicals also.
Those students who have attended the classes for 75% and above of the total number of days (90 days) the college worked will be permitted to appear for the ensuing University Examinations without any precondition.
Category – II
Those students who have attended the classes for less than 75% of the total number of days the college worked but above 66% of the total number of days the college worked be permitted to apply for exemption in the prescribed form to the University by paying Rs. 400/- with the specific recommendations of the Principal for condonation of attendance.
Category – III
Those students who have put in less than 66% of the total number of days the college worked should have to repeat the whole semester after the completion of the course.
I. RULES REGARDING PAYMENT OF TUITION FEES
- Prescribed fee should be paid every semester within 10 working days after the reopening day of the College.
- After this day an amount of Re. 1.00 per day will be levied as fine for a maximum number of 30 days after reopening day of the College. (PG only)
- The name of the students who do not pay the fee after 30 days of reopening day of the college will be removed from the attendance register in each semester. They will be readmitted on payment of readmission fee of Rs. 5/- (PG only)
II. DISCIPLINARY REGULATIONS:
(A) Prescribed by the Tamil Nadu Educational Rules
- Students should abstain from active participation in political party (Rule 94).
- Principal or the hostel authorities may frame and issue from time to time disciplinary rules of a permanent or temporary character for regulating the conduct within the college or hostel precincts of students on the rolls (Rules 95).
- Principal or hostel authorities may frame and issue from time to time disciplinary rules of a permanent or temporary character regulating their conduct within the college or hostel precincts of students on the rolls so for as such rules seem necessary to maintain the credit usefulness and reputation of the college or hostel (Rule 96).
- Principal or hostel authorities shall have full power to inflict the following punishments in the interest of students or institution concerned: fines, loss of attendance, loss of term certificates, suspension and expulsion (Rule 97).
(B) Code of Conduct for Students
- Every student shall wear a clean prescribed college uniform dress. Students who violate this rule will be punished.
- The students shall respect the teachers everywhere.
- No student shall be allowed to get in or leave the class room without the permission of the teacher.
- Students should not conduct meetings or functions in the class room or in the College campus without obtaining the written permission of the Principal.
- Firing of crackers within the College campus is strictly prohibited.
- Students shall not either issue pamphlets or notices inside the College campus or paste posters in the College building or compound wall.
- Students shall not loiter in the verandas and bring outsiders to the College at anytime without the prior permission of the Principal.
- If any student defaces the blackboards and the walls inside and outside the classroom or causes damage or destruction to public or College property or uses unfair means in the examination or misbehaves with staff or fellow students or public he / she will be liable to severe punishment which will include dismissal.
- Eve teasing of any kind and magnitude inside / outside the College campus is severely punishable and liable for criminal prosecution.
- Ragging of any kind and magnitude inside / outside the College campus is prohibited.
- Any kind of wild, noisy and disturbing behaviour during College functions in the College campus is strictly prohibited.
- a) Racing the vehicles or use of vehicles with defective silencers or parking the vehicle of any kind outside the shed in the campus will not be allowed. Riding two wheeler vehicles with more than one pillion rider will attract punishment for all on the vehicle.
b) No one should be found in the vicinity of the vehicle shed during class hours.
- Smoking within the College campus is strictly prohibited.
- Possession, use and distribution of alcohollc drink or narcotics is strictly prohibited.
- No student shall involve in any criminal proceedings or commit any offence under Indian Penal Code.
- Students who are absent for model tests and scoring poor marks will be punished.
- Students who disobey the elders or the staff or indulge in insubordination will be severely punished.
- Possession and use of cell phones within the college campus is strictly prohibited.
- Women students should not leave the college campus before 4.00 P.M without the permission of the Principal and the teacher guardian. If the parent of women student wants to take her home in the middle of the day, he / she may do so with the written permission of the teacher guardian of that woman student and the Principal.
- Every woman student should wear the prescribed college uniform dress. No other dress is permitted.
IV. UNIVERSITY INSTRUCTIONS TO THE EXAMINEES
- Do not take any books, printed papers or written matters in to the examination hall. Even possession of such materials is an offence.
- Do not write anything on the question paper or hall ticket.
- Do not receive or give assistance for writing answers.
- Do not smuggle in or out of the hall the answer book or any other material.
- Do not impersonate.
- Do not indulge in any other form of malpractice.
V. RULES OF THE LIBRARY
- Strict silence must be observed in the Library.
- U.G and P.G students are allowed to borrow 3 and 5 books respectively
- Any defect in the books borrowed must be brought to the notice of the Librarian while borrowing.
- Books lost must be replaced or double the cost of the book must be paid.
- The Librarian may ask a student to return a book at anytime.
- Periodicals must not be taken out of the library.
- Reference books will not be issued.
- Book bank books can be retained for one Semester.
- Students are not allowed to bring any printed matter or files inside the library.
- No transfer Certificate on Conduct Certificate shall be issued to a student until the books and library tokens have been returned and any dues outstanding against the student discharged.
- A fine of one rupee is levied for each day a book is overdue for the first week and thereafter Rs.2 for each day it is overdue. When a book in demand is not returned on the due date, a fine of Rs. 2 will be charged per day.
- A member who has lost his/her borrower’s token shall make a written report to the Librarian. A period of one month will be allowed to the member to trace back and return the token.
- Even after this period, if it is still untraceable an undertaking in writing shall be given to the effect that the member will hold himself / herself responsible for any borrowing in exchange of the lost token. On such an under taking, a duplicate token will be issued on payment of Rs. 5/-.
- Absense from college will not be accepted as ab excuse for not returning the books in time.
- If the due date for return of books falls on weekends or holidays, the book must be returned on the next working day.
- Students must be returned the borrowed books from the library within 30 days and they can be renewed for a further period of seven days.
- A member of a teaching staff is allowed to barrow ten(10) books at time from the library. A member of a non teaching staff is allowed to barrow three(3) at a time from the library.
- A member of staff who takes leave must return all the books borrowed from the library before proceeding on leave.
- 6. The maximum number of days permissible to hold a library book by a teaching staff is one(1) day in case of rare books having only one copy in the library and 30 days in case of other books and they can be renewed for a future period of 15 days if no one else has applied for the same books
- The faculty members who fails to return the library books on or before the due date entails to pay the fine.
- Use of sound equipments like radios, ipods, cellphones etc is strictly prohibited in the library and its environs.
- The library staff have the rights to ask the students to leave the library, if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users.
- In all matters regarding the library, the decision of the principal shall be final.